Students Occupationally and Academically Ready
SOAR is built on programs of study (POS) that incorporate secondary and post secondary education elements and include coherent and rigorous academic and technical content aligned with Pennsylvania’s challenging academic standards. SOAR Agreement Articulation for advanced credit transfer is made possible when Perkins‐allocated postsecondary institutions and Pennsylvania secondary schools offering SOAR programs agree to the terms and conditions stated in the Perkins Statewide Articulation Agreement.
The mission of SOAR is to prepare students for college and
careers in a diverse, high‐performing workforce.
• Saving Money on College Tuition
• Saving Time by Shortening College Attendance
• Getting on the Right Career Pathway
• Entering the Job Market Ready
• Getting a Consistent Education
SOAR credits are accepted at higher education institutions.
The following Northern Tier Career Center programs have been approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Bureau of Career and Technical Education for SOAR:
- Autobody Repair Technology
- Automotive Mechanic Technology
- Building Construction
- Computer Networking Technology
- Diesel Mechanics Technology
- Electrical Occupations
- Food Production
- Health Assisting
- Machine Tool Technology