ASSISTANT PROGRAM CIP CODE: 51.0899
Student receiving proficient or advanced on their NOCTI will receive the following credits from Fundamentals of Nursing:
- Safety Skills: 2.5 hours of the 4 hours required
- Nursing Skills for Managing the Patient’s Environment: 4 hours of the 4 hours required
- Vital Signs: 3.5 hours of the 12 hours required
- Personal Care Skills: 10 hours of the 10 hours required
- Skills for Moving Patients: 10 hours of the 10 hours required
TOTAL: 30 hours
An additional 15 hours of clinical time (in the Fundamentals of Nursing Course) will be awarded to any student who obtained their Nurse Aide registry.
Total possible credit hours: 45 hours.
*Students will not be charged for these tuition hours but if a student would like to attend any of these classes or clinical times they can, at no charge.